Saturday, March 22, 2014

This **** Life !!!

When I was in college, I heard people talking about work life...I witnessed my dear ones working 24*7 for their livelihood.
I used to wonder how difficult it could be! After all it is just a job, you do it for the day, come home & get a fine salary at the end of the month....It is a cake walk.
I used to question my ‘working’ friends, when they used to seldom reply to my calls or msgs.....When they used to say the three popular n universally accepted words most of the times:  “I was Busy”.
I never used to understand how It would actually be like this.....How can anybody not get time to call or reply to a single msg.
Its been more than 5 months for me being ‘employed’ as they say.
Not an adequate amount of time for me to say things which I m going to quote now but nevermind.
Here I go.
The day starts with a small headache & morning alarm which keeps on ringing & stops finally when you are 100% awake & out of your weird filmy dreams.
You get ready for office.....Search for the dress which u gonna wear today (although, they r all the same ‘formals’; school uniforms were better) & finally reach your office premises.
This is where your ‘entry n exit’ game begins (the smart card game).....Wait for the lift to go to that top floor but then think better to take the stairs.
Finally, reach the desk & there you see a black box containing your destiny for today.
You enter in that alienic world of java, coding, classes, objects etc. etc......Then you think to come bk to the real world......When you are just about to switch on the chat application on ur system, ur BOSS appears frm nowhere.
Anyways, he comes, puts his bag, takes out his laptop & runs for his meeting.....Alas! You take a relaxed breath.
You spend hrs n hrs figuring out where the error lies......Checking the console(thts wat they call it), the logs(my god! The scariest yet the most friendly notepad file), the servers n wat not …..
& finally you get to noe that a small ‘semicolon’ was missing.
Indeed, computers do exactly wat we instruct them, I wish they had some brains of themselves.
You continue with this monotonous treasure hunt of errors n the clock strikes 8.
Guess wat! Time to go bk ‘home’......U hav dinner sumwhere out or get it packed & head back straight to that big room of  white walls & messed up bed.
After all the arrangements when you finally get time for yourselves, all you do is ‘watsapp’ or ‘facebook’….The same black box which made u to witness a nightmare with open eyes in office brings to u a beautiful digital world of likes, comments, walls & pokes.(Although, here the black box is little thinner; the laptop)
My god! Wat an irony….
In no time, the wheatish layer of epidermal cells with small curled lashes at the edges shut down your system known as human body.
Then is the entry to that exquisite world of dreams where everything you wanna do actually happens.....You meet friends, enjoy, laugh, dance, play, party, love…..You Live…..
& guess wat! In all those beautiful events a weird torturing sound is heard(The ALARM !!!!!!!) n the headache pops up again.
The same old story begins again. Sometimes, I feel… Am I having a ‘Dejavu’… ‘coz I do the same damn stuff each n every day….
Hope something new is in store for me….or else I have to create sumthign new for me myself….
All the best, Lady !  

No comments:

Post a Comment